Usually we only accept short poetry and flash fiction here at Whispers and Echoes, but occasionally, we do enjoy reading longer pieces. Hence our latest submissions call for longer works…Read on to learn more…
- All our usual submissions guidelines apply – you can find them here – except for the following:
- Only one submission per contributor will be accepted for this call
- Poems are limited to 25 lines, and flash fiction is limited to 250 words
- There is no set theme or genre for this call.
- Please put “Extended Editions – YOUR NAME” in the subject line of your email.
- All submissions must be sent in the body of an email – no attachments please!
- Please give each submission a title.
- Include an author bio written in third person, of no more than 50 words, and accompanied by up to 2 links (blog, website, Facebook, Twitter, Wattpad, etc).
- All work should be original. Please do not send us work that infringes another’s copyright – no song lyrics, no fan fiction, etc.
- Submissions open: Wednesday 3 November 2021
- Submissions close: Friday 26 November 2021
- All accepted submissions will be posted on the site between early November and early December 2021
Send submissions to: email@example.com
To read our Submissions FAQ, please check out the SUBMIT page. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
October proved to be bountiful, in terms of poetry and short fiction, here at Whispers and Echoes. For the first part of the month we continued sharing the responses we had received for the Butterfly Photo Prompt, before moving on to share 2021’s autumn submissions.
Thank you to everyone who submitted and who read. In the next day or two, we will be opening submissions to our next themed call, Extended Editions 2021 as well as to general submissions, before we turn our attention to our final themed call of the year, Winter 2021.
To see what we shared – or what you missed – in October, check out the links below. Enjoy!
- Shadowed Empath by Cheryl Wood
- Diaphanous Delight by Peter Matthews
- Metamorphosis by Bob Fairfield
- Butterfly by Sarah Whiley
- Flutter by Angela J. Wilson
- transformation by Tova Beck-Friedman
- Little Things by Shaily Agrawal
- Autumn Night by Yuu Ikeda
- Birth Welcome by Duane Herrmann
- In Autumn by Phillip Knight Scott
- The Wildflower by Shaily Agrawal
- Autumn Truths by Britta Benson
- Dear Autumn by Yuu Ikeda
- November World by Duane Herrmann
- Reflection on trees by Phillip Knight Scott
- He Meets Her at the Bridge of Fallen Flowers by Sunra Rainz
- Prairie Poet by Duane Herrmann