The peach tastes of you
Tang on my lips I recall
Grapes made you happy
floating rising sun
misty sky spreading the veil
a mixture grows in a glow
Tarnished box of hearts
Sun at the attic window
A hand with polish.
Whispers and Echoes is currently open to submissions of short poetry and flash fiction on the theme of “SUMMER”.
- Keywords and themes you might wish to consider (this list isn’t exhaustive): the sun, hot weather, dry / wet weather, long days and short nights, holidays, the outdoors, nature, ocean / sea / beach, journeys, dreams, lazy days, solar deities, myths, legends and folktales….As long as it fits our guidelines, go wherever your inspiration takes you…
- Our usual submission guidelines apply: flash fiction in 100 words or under and poetry in 10 lines or less. The full guidelines can be found here. Please read them before submitting.
- Please state the following in the subject line: Summer Submission – Your Name
- Submissions open: 02 July 2021
- Submissions close: 16 July 2021
- Accepted submissions will be posted on the site throughout August. Depending on the volume of submissions received, we may, along with our usual Monday and Friday postings, include extra posting days each week for this call.
- Please send your submissions to: email@example.com
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Whispers and Echoes returned from a short break midway through the month, and until the last day our submissions window was open, submissions for the Haiku on Healing call flooded in. We are so very thankful for the poets, writers and readers who support this little journal.
It’s clear that our annual haiku themed call is our most popular, and our July schedule is full to bursting with Haiku on Healing.
Looking a little further ahead, August will see us share submissions for our next call: Summer 2021, which will be opening very soon, and for which our general guidelines will apply. You can check them out by visiting the SUBMIT page.
We’re still closed to general submissions at the moment as our posting schedule is full but we’re hoping to change that soon.
To see what we shared – or what you missed – in June, check out the links below. Enjoy!
Thank you to all who submitted to our latest call, Haiku on Healing. The submissions window has now closed and all submissions have been responded to.
We look forward to sharing these haiku throughout July.
The three chosen Editor’s Picks for July 2021 that will be featured on the Whispers and Echoes homepage for the month are: