Whispers and Echoes will be on its annual break between 1st – 14th September, but submissions are open for our latest themed call: Haiku on History.
- The theme is History. You can run with this theme in any way you like. Want to write haiku about ancient Rome, medieval ruins or ghosts? Go ahead. Want to write haiku about iron age roundhouses or castles or the pyramids? We would love to read them. Want to write haiku about your own history, for example, on the subject of growing up? Sounds good to us. As long as it is set in the past and adheres to our general guidelines, you can be as creative as your inspiration guides you.
- The format is: Haiku using the 5-7-5 syllable structure.
- Please, no other forms and styles of poetry, and no flash fiction for this call.
- Our usual submission guidelines apply, except that we are only accepting haiku length poetry for this particular theme (as stated above). The full guidelines can be found here. Please read them before submitting.
- Please state the following in the subject line: Haiku on History – Your Name
- Submissions open: 31/08/2022
- Submissions close: 15/09/2022
- Accepted submissions will be posted on the site from the end of September and into October
- Responses will go out when we return after our annual break
- You may send up to 3 haiku for consideration. Each accepted submission will be posted separately. Acceptance of one piece doesn’t mean all pieces will be accepted.
- Please send your submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.