Throughout August Whispers and Echoes shared poetry and flash fiction on the theme of summer. Thank you to everyone who sent in their writing as well as to those who have been reading.
The journal will be going on a short break between the 6th and the 27th, as September sees Whispers and Echoes take a short break each year. While we’re away submissions to our Autumn 2021 call will still be open (you can find the guidelines for it here), but please note, responses will not go out until we return. The page for this particular call has been updated to show this.
From the 27th September we will begin sharing responses to our recent photo prompt submissions call. We were pleasantly surprised by the volume of submissions we received for this one. So, thank you to all those who joined in.
We’re still closed to general submissions at the moment as our planned posting schedule is full, but we’re hoping to change that soon.
To see what we shared – or what you missed – in August, check out the links below. Enjoy!
- Summer Solstice by Britta Benson
- May Queen & Summer King by RedCat
- Hopes by Yuu Ikeda
- Summer Sky by RedCat
- At The Beach by Bartholomew Barker
- Smoke by Yuu Ikeda
- Sitting on a shingle beach by Britta Benson
- Endless Evenings by RedCat
- Angry Afternoons by Bartholomew Barker
- A day at the beach by Peter Matthews
- Breezy by Snehal Suhane
- British Summer by Peter Matthews
- A Boy’s Afternoon in Summer Bartholomew Barker
- Summer Love by Peter Matthews