In addition to our general submissions (see the Submit page for more details), Whispers and Echoes is currently open to submissions for our latest themed call: Haiku on Hope.
- The theme is Hope. Keywords: hopeful, new beginnings, fresh start, new page, aspirations rainbows, wishes, dreams, promise, potential. This is not an exhaustive list so be as creative as your inspiration guides you.
- If, rather than positive poetry, you are inspired to write on the less optimistic side of the word and focus on “hopelessness” that will also be acceptable for this call, especially if you can capture a dark/Gothic/mysterious quality to your haiku and not just a morose sense of despondency.
- The format is: Haiku using the 5-7-5 syllable structure.
- Please, no other forms and styles of poetry, and no flash fiction for this call, but you can submit longer poems and flash fiction (inspired by hope or anything else) via our usual submissions.
- Our usual submission guidelines apply, except that we are only accepting haiku length poetry for this particular theme (as stated above). The full guidelines can be found here. Please read them before submitting.
- Please state the following in the subject line: Haiku on Hope – Your Name
- Submissions open: 08/05/2020
- Submissions close: 31/05/2020
- Accepted submissions will be posted on the site throughout May and June and now July too as we’ve received a wonderful number of submissions already!
- You may send up to 5 haiku for consideration. Each accepted submission will be posted separately. Acceptance of one piece doesn’t mean all pieces will be accepted.
- Please send your submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.